Verizon Wireless - Best Company Ever Worked For | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Best Company Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincoln, NE
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company takes care of you. Great benefits and training and support system.

Cons

Call center. Tough being on a phone for 8 hours a day.

Advice to Management

Break up the monotony of being on the phone all day. Offer more opportunities to do work off the phones.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Good company to work for, as long as you're willing to work..."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Eatontown, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, tuition assistance is a good amount, and one of the best training programs around. Teach you everything about products and services, but also upcomingprograms even outside of Verizon.

Cons

Quotas can become very high and hard to attain. Once you get good at meeting one quota requirement, other sections change. Never truely know what is expected of you as sales.

Advice to Management

Listen to the lower employees more, they are the ones dealing with the customers the most and have great input.

"Too micromanaged and unethical business practices"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Mason City, IA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Mason City, IA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a decent base pay plus commission structure. They also had great health benefits, tuition assitance, cell bill discount, 401k matching, and other perks. I met a lot of interesting people in this business and the resume experience will be a plus when I find another job.

Cons

Extremely micromanaged from the top down to the point every sale is watched and then dissected once the customer leaves. Top management is clueless on how to even ring out a car charger on the sales floor, let alone sell and activate a phone. The way the commission structure is laid out doesnt always match what management wants. Very high goals with constant threat of write ups and or firings if goals are not met. Had to lie to elderly people numerous times that we were sold out of flip phones because if i sold a non-smart phone my smartphone percentage would drop and so would the stores. Also had to use unethical behavior to sell accessories to people that didnt need them. Even if I sold a case, screen protectors, and a car charger to some one purchasing an iPhone i would be written up because I didnt sell them at least 80 dollars in accessories. Not every one is willing to buy that much extra stuff. I learned very quickly I was just a number in the company - I worked 6 days a week/close to 50 hours and it was never enough. Very political work environment. Attractive women and managment "teachers pets" often got favored for promotions. All this company cares about is more money, more money more money, not retaining current customers if they are considered too low of revenue. I truely was a great salesman, usually the top in the store, and all I wanted to do was take care of my customers but the company made it to the point it wasn't so. Also if someone came in to buy a case for their phone, I had to "sales sequence" and take notes about the customer while I show them all products in the store (tablets, hotspots, accessories, home phone connect, etc). A lot of customers were annoyed at having to do all of this and it made for a very awkward and frusterating customer interaction.

Advice to Management

Don't be so greedy, let employees actually take care of their customers instead of unethically pushing them to purchase products and services they truely don't need.