Verizon Wireless - Horrible experience...Please do not work here. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Horrible experience...Please do not work here."

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation was good, but came at a price.

Cons

Working for Verizon Wireless was one of the worst experiences I have had in my professional life. There is no direction, and no guidance, and you are held accountable for everything that is given to you, even though you are not told how to do your job. The management will try to pile on as much work as you and your team are able to handle, and then add more, and then will hold you accountable if the work is not done on time. There is also preferential treatment. If you are an employee you will always be treated better, and will get the better projects. Also, if you are a Muslim, you will be treated badly. You will be treated better if you are Caucasian. One more the thing, the hours are extremely long, so do not hope to maintain a personal life. My best advice is do not work there.

Advice to Management

Management should be replaced by people who understand proper processes. They are horrible people, who will stab you in the back given a chance.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

1. "Retail Work hours are ugly"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and training are excellent. Diversity in hiring. Employees well educated so working with associates a good experience as they're your new family.

Cons

Commission structure changes often to limit ability to earn top $. Work schedule would be difficult for an employee with family obligations. Not much room for career growth as store managers have their favorites.

Advice to Management

None.

2. "Great experience and learned a lot"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincoln, NE
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lincoln, NE

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bonuses and incentives, great insurance/benefits, great teamwork environment, many managers who care and are helpful and supportive. Flexibility and able to make decisions and the power to handle a wide variety of situations ALTHOUGH this changed about the time I left the company.

Cons

Extremely stressful frequently with angry customers calling in with complaints. Customers who get angry about things beyond our control or want specials or programs that we can't provide. Frequent need for de-escalation techniques. Being told one thing by one person/supervisor and the opposite from another. The company needs to encourage more transparency about billing and services starting with store reps and salespeople.

Advice to Management

More consistency with policies so there is less confusion for reps trying to handle calls/customers.