Verizon Wireless - Best Job I've Had | Glassdoor

"Best Job I've Had"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a fun environment and your supervisors are very willing to work with you. The pay ranks up there with college graduate starting salaries. I think this is one of those companies that honestly wants you to move up and will help you help you reach your full potential. I have been very happy working here.

Cons

As long as you have thick skin and can handle tough customers you will be okay. I hate being yelled at by customers but accept it as part of my job title.

Advice to Management

I think there are some inconsistencies regarding customers that are difficult and by difficult I mean extremely verbally abusive. I think it would be nice to have some kind of training set aside to advise us how to handle these situations. Also from what I understand we are a company that promotes integrity so I think if something is notated in a customer's account ie. early upgrade it should be mandatory that we process it instead of "emailing employee" that notated it, I think this creates a negative customer experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

1. "Micro-managed extremes"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great best I have seen with big companies but they do hold it against you if you call out sick even though you are given 40 hrs a year to take.

Cons

Micro-manage, Monthly goal standards set too high, and being graded on how the customer feels at the time they take a 3rd party survey instead of following policy and procedures make it impossible to keep your goals because if the customer does not like a policy and gives you a bad survey you get written up for it.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to push people into certain phones and accessories we are taught in training "The right device for the right customer" but if the company does not make enough money off it we are told not to mention it, or to get our older generations into droids when all they want is a basic phone. Also with the gym's in most centers it should not cost $15 to use if you want to make sure your employees are healthy and in shape to sit on their behinds for 8-12 hours a day 4-5 days a week!

2. "Overall ok. Learned a lot but didnt see a future"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training program and had a lot of growth opportunity.

Cons

Retail hours are tough and low compensation at frist