Verizon Wireless - Simply Amazing | Glassdoor

"Simply Amazing"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC
Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We have exciting career opportunities within our company. I am a recruiter that came from Customer Service. I have always been excited about progession within Verizon Wireless. Leadership teams work directly with employees that want to progress in their career. There are great people that we work with and also work for - Our Customers. They drive the business that we have and they make it possible for us to be Number 1 in JD Power every time! We pride ourselves on working hard and playing harder! The culture of Verizon Wireless is great as well. We are a team of MVPs who Care about internal and external people whether they are with our business or not. We are community supporters lending a helping hand wherever we can to create partnerships that last a lifetime. Integrity is at our core - we know that doing the right thing the first time for customers is essential to create honest business.

Cons

The cons that we have in our building I would say is Time Management. A lot of the employees have circumstances that require attention during the workweek and if time is not managed effectively then towards the end of the year the person may have run out of their time off that they can take. What Verizon Wireless has done is created different programs to be able the have the business "Count On" the employee to be at work at their designated time. If they cannot make it they simply contact their Supervisor to schedule a time to make up during the week or provide them with options to take the day off. Its really a supportive positive place to be at!

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be for all of them to continue to recognize that everyone has different things to bring to the table and support ideas from employees to better assist our customers. We do a great job with this by encouraging employees to submit ideas that they have through a portal.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

1. "Good Customer Service Job"

Pros

Regular hours, good pay, great benefits

Cons

Customers, some of the managers were not great.

2. "Lacking Good Management"

Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company profit sharing, Healthcare benefits, college tuition reimbursement

Cons

Management required daily reporting within Sales Force Automation that was counter productive and time consuming. No stability, Micro managed, poor sales compensation plan focused on low revenue services.