Verizon Wireless - Room for advancement but be ready for micromanagement | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Room for advancement but be ready for micromanagement"

Former Employee - Supervisor of Technical Support in Charleston, SC
Former Employee - Supervisor of Technical Support in Charleston, SC

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and pay, by far the best brand in the market.

Cons

Any and every stat is tracked in the call center environment. It begins to feel like you are always doing something wrong. This doesn't change even up into management. As a supervisor you get treated the same but now it's from someone higher up the food chain.

Company has really lost their customer focus. It used to be about credo and culture, now it's all about the bottom line.

Advice to Management

Stop looking at numbers all the time. Go back to being centered on your customers and doing right by them. The bottom line will grow.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

1. "Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company does pay its employee well based on the averages that are part of this industry, As someone has noted before, knowing members of senior managers is the best way to get promoted. I still believe that this company does not support all of its employees like it should but if you are willing to move, there is opportunity.

Cons

I tend to think that if you hold someone accountable for something, make sure you give them the proper tools and resources. The company dismissed me because of operational concerns but I know that there were several people that were promoted to different positions that were struggling in their positions. I also took STD and that itself I think was something that caused concern. The company has a history of also terming people that are old which tends to give merit to the perception that they want to maintain a younger workforce. As a company, dont choose who you want to get rid of because of your internal buddy system. Ask yourself whether or not this employee was given things to be successful. If not, then consider what you can do to help them. Dont invest in an employee and not support them. Also, dont promote someone and retract an offer in one day. Sorry but that showed great unprofessionalism.

Advice to Management

If you want to turnover employees, make sure you have those who need to be involved to determine if it is right. I know of several employees that were great employees but they did not see the support from above to be successful. A model of a good company starts with supporting your employees and providing them an environment that they can succeed in. I hope you have gotten better because you were failing in that portion of your business.

2. "Not a bad start to the working field, or if you're a college student too"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good 8 week training program. Good culture with people who are respectful and fun. The 8 week long training program had their fun times along with your class mates. Tuition assistance. When I worked there, 4k for part timers and 8k for full timers.

Cons

I guess taking calls back to back and get somewhat stressful, and some of the calls are distressed customers who aren't happy about their bills. But as long as you don't take it personally and have a good mindset, should be fine.