Verizon Wireless - Great place to work, Just get to know someone high up | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Great place to work, Just get to know someone high up"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Fuquay-Varina, NC
Former Employee - Store Manager in Fuquay-Varina, NC

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great compensation, great opportunity. Fast paced job and instant gratification in regards to promotions.

Cons

If you do not rub elbows with people you will quickly become and outcast no matter you performance results. Others will be promoted in front of you despite having proven poor results. The company as a whole does not care they will continue on as if nothing happened.

Advice to Management

Stick to what made you a large successful company. Do not play the "its who you know game"

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

1. "Good work environment and great team collaboration"

Former Contractor - Senior Consultant, Tech Program Management in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

I found the work environment at Verizon Wireless to be very collaborative and not as stressful. Most of the fellow employees were great to work with and knew what they were doing. I was on a contract there but never felt like I was being prevent to do what I need to do in my role due to my being a contractor. Because of this great environment I was able to do great work there.

Cons

Some employees were rude and arrogant due to their position and group. This is not unusual and seen almost everywhere.
    Lot of times multiple teams trying to do overlapping functionality/solutions and don't talk with each other creating a lot of confusion and wasted work efforts.

2. "Great place for job security and tuition reimbursement"

Current Employee - Retail Customer Support in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Retail Customer Support in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company compensation is competitive, and the benefits are great but diminishing every year. The company is moving aggressively in a smart direction and is always changing, however they seem to be losing their interest in employee satisfaction and moral. Greed is overshadowing what was once a great overall company to work for.

Cons

Working retail comes with a horrible work schedule. Every week has a different day off and every day has a different schedule. You know your schedule about 3 weeks in advance. You will do great with this company if you only focus on performance metrics and nothing else. Verizon wireless will pay for your education, but your degree's don't matter at all! Performance is everything! Verizon has district managers making 6 figures with only a high school diploma. Again they don't care about your educational accomplishments, but will pay for them. Makes no sense!

Advice to Management

Think about the future of your organization in relation to the hearts and minds of the people who work for you and makes the company successful. Hire and promote mid level management based on real qualifications such as education, tenure, and work ethics.