Verizon Wireless - Business sales account executive | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Business sales account executive"

Current Employee - Business Account Executive in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Business Account Executive in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, 401k matching, opportunity for advancement. Direct line to leadership, best wireless network to sell, business is multi-faceted and have different sales channels to fit your abilities

Cons

Ever changing expectations, opportunities for advancement are not always based on merits. A lot of times it feels like you are fighting against your own company to accomplish their goals

Advice to Management

Quit changing the compensation plan so much that your people lose focus on growth and have to chase the trend of the quarter

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

1. "Six Location Premium Retailer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Union, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Union, SC

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Positive encouragement from management, allowed to sell your own personal way, able to spend more time with customers and go the extra mile for them (transferring all their media, more time helping them set up their smartphones)....stuff that sales staff at corp stores likely wouldn't have time to do while still hitting their numbers.
    -Clear sales goals, but never felt job was on the line or would have to do extra training if we didn't hit them all. This meant I could sell what I truly felt was best option for customer, not what big VZW wanted us to push (like when VZW first got iphones, but VZW wanted Android pushed to sway people away from Apple....that's fine now because at this point I feel Android has surpassed the iPhone with offerings like the Galaxy line, but at that time it was still a little rough around the edges comparatively and was seemingly done purely for monetary reasons).

Cons

-Customers asking if we were a "real" Verizon store. I wouldn't mention this if it weren't for the fact that on multiple occasions I had customers tell me that a CSR told them exactly that over the phone when our store was brought up!
    -As was hinted by my first "con," it just seemed at times there was too much tension and bad blood between the various outlets that sell Verizon. If someone gets a phone from a Corp store, often because they felt it's bigger and better there, or that they have more phones (which they do not; they just display the same model multiple times throughout store), and that customer then comes to us a couple days later to ask questions, get their contacts transferred, or troubleshoot problems, we basically have to give them the cold shoulder because we have to tell them to go back to where they got the phone and buy from us next time.
    -The unfortunate times when we HAD to tell customers we couldn't help them, like if a special was running through the website and Corp stores that we were unable to match.
    -Pay was above min wage but well below what you would make at Corp, although I guess your stress level would be higher also.

"Retail Sales Rep"

Former Employee - Reatil Sales Representative in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Reatil Sales Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay can be very good. Good salary (hourly wage) not including commissions. Great benefits from day of start.

Cons

Verizon states they want a good work / family relationship, unless you work in a retail store. They always expect you to work overtime. You work horrible hours that make family life not possible. The work schedule is 9:30-7pm or 8pm or 11am - 10pm. You wind up working all day long. You are not normally scheduled for a 8 hour shift, and your days off are never the same. They schedule you for 40 hours, but you will always work overtime, which they are happy to pay. If there is a new release of a device, and you are scheduled to work the closing shift, they want you to work from open to close or consider you a non-team player. The management in the stores will micro-manage you to death, they will speak with you after every customer. The senior management starting with district managers and up in charge of retail have no clue how hard it is to meet their expectations. You are not just selling cell phones, you are pushing all wireless services and now cable services to every customer. They expect you to sell items and services customers do not need, just to make sure you meet you quota (sales goals). The company loves to make sure all know how well or bad you are doing with in your store. It is all about numbers and pushing products. Very unethical position. Senior management has no clue what it is like to work retail, just get the sales no matter what it takes. Everyday you are reminded of your sales and during the day. Sales Reps. will steal customers just because they can and management cares not. If you are big producer, management looks to other way with regards to policy and procedure. Huge turnover, and management does not care.

Advice to Management

Try to work with your front line retail staff to create a better environment. Stop the micro-management. Stop making sales robots.