Verizon Wireless - Great experience | Glassdoor

"Great experience"

Current Employee - Associate Director
Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast paced
Innovative Technology
Detailed training to help understand new technology
Great company culture
Competitive pay and benefits

Cons

Relocation is required for those looking to promote quickly

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

"6 Years Of Sales"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Pay Potential
    -Great Insurance
    -Great vacation/401k etc
    -Best network

Cons

-Verizon is quickly moving downhill in the eyes of its retail employees. They constantly are changing the commission structure and making goals very high. They are trying to flush out the tenured reps that make a lot and replace them with people fresh out of college that will settle for a much smaller pay check.
    -They 100% DO NOT care about their customers. I think this is my biggest issue with Verizon. Every change they push out, is not in good interest of the customers.
    -Retail sales reps are on the front lines of VZW and they are treated the worse
    -You used to be able to make $65K+ in sales, now it is a VERY big struggle to make $45K. They are frequently changing how you get paid and its never in your favor.
    - You work all holidays except 3 and you work weekends, and evenings. You will not see your family. They black out holidays so you cant even request off time to see your family around the holidays.

"Great Opportunity for Entry-Mid Level Employees"

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Branchburg, NJ
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in Branchburg, NJ

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started out as an entry/mid-level analyst for the company. Over the years I worked there I was able to learn a lot of usefull skills in my field anhd were mentored by some very knowledgeable people in the industry. The company even paid for most of my masters degree, which I obtained on a part-time basis at night (after work). The company was extremely flexible and my department honored flex time, which was great in terms of work/life balance.

Cons

Once I received my masters degree, I was looking to advance in the company. You would think if a company pays for most of your masters degree they would like to see people advance. After going on 2 interviews for other positions to advance in the company, I was never able to advance and decided to leave the company in order to find opportunities for advancement. Internal positions were filled by people "waiting in the wings". The department I was in had a lot of nepotism. The bottom line is that unless you know someone who can help you advance in the company or unless you have years of experience, it is tough to advance past a certain point.