Verizon Wireless - Not a bad place to work for either a job or career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Not a bad place to work for either a job or career"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits. Expect a lot of overtime to compensate monthly goals.

Cons

Sales targets can be a bit too high. Extended work hours can easily lead to 50 hour work weeks.

Advice to Management

Relax, too much stress can make things so much worse.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Political"

Former Employee - Business Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great network, great products, great people, excellent training programs and VZW provides a good Work life balance. Excellent benefits and tuition assistance program.

Cons

Politics and bureaucracy get in the way of change and driving results. The compensation structure is 5 + years behind the technology. The higher performers do not make the most money, instead they carry the highest quota. Most sales jobs pay the top performers the most money, not at VZW.
    The company is also more concerned about diversity than they are about hiring the best candidate for the job.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees before they leave.

2. "Its a corporate environment. ..what do you expect?"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Middletown, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Middletown, NY

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BENEFITS!... At vzw I have a 401 k where verizon matches up to 6%. I have full medical dental health vision coverage for my whole family for less than 1200 a year. The pay is pretty good for a college student. If you do your job efficiently there shouldn't be a problem with you clearing 55k a year thats including salary and commission and does not include bonuses. Based on prior years performance you can receive a 2-4% raise every year. I would say the best perk to the job is that vzw pays up to 8500 a year to schooling. Its very easy to move up the corporate chain and top of the line training.

Cons

I hate the retail hours. Verizon likes to change the commission structure a couple times a year. Its based on the needs of the business. At vzw you will learn how a business is ran and why businesses make the decisions they make in regards to fees, prices etc.