Verizon Wireless - Great start for a sales career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Great start for a sales career"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Dayton, OH
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Dayton, OH

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great management, excellent benefits, tuition experience, great training. If you are looking to get into a sales role, and are an aggressive sales person, you will do very well here and get rewarded for it!

Cons

It's retail. The hours suck, you have to work most holidays and weekends. Not a lot of "work/life balance" like they claim. Also, sales goals and quotas can change mid-month. They are constantly changing goals to become harder to hit, thus creating a more frustrating customer experience

Advice to Management

Keep sales goals challenging, but also realistic. Not every customer that walks through the door will buy a $200 camera on a whim.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

1. "Customer Pro"

Pros

The company has amazing benefits, provides awesome training and support.

Cons

You are on a rotating shift . every 6 months requires a shift bid based on performance and tenure.

2. "If you don't want to be paid faithfully every month, take a job with Verizon."

Pros

Great co-workers. A fun and laid back work environment. Most managers work extensively around your schedule.

Cons

Be prepared to work almost every weekend and many night shifts. Work/Life balance is extremely poor. Management is even worse. They work 24/7 and around the clock. Commission structure is absolutely horrible. I did not receive a commission check for three months in a row and management said the reason was because I did not meet my minimum goals. Three other employees consistently did not get commission checks either. The goals that are established are completely unreachable and hard for any employee to reach. I was working for $8.00 an hour and working over 40 hours a week. Commission was never dependable and if the month was slow in the store, you could NEVER meet the minimums. Upper management also encourages local managers to be 'mean' and 'hard' on employees to keep us in line and make us work harder on selling. So work atmosphere changes consistently on a daily basis. I have worked in many places over the course of 6 years, but Verizon was absolutely the worst.

Advice to Management

Stop giving the employees goals that they can't reach. The turnover rate will be astronomical
    when they stop receiving commission checks. Also, don't tell employees that you can get hired robots to do a better job than they can. You will lose every employee you ever hire.