Verizon Wireless - Stable work environment | Glassdoor

"Stable work environment"

Former Employee - Global Enterprise Advisor in West Valley City, UT
Former Employee - Global Enterprise Advisor in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good culture
good on site training
good benefits (insurance, tuition reimbursment, etc.)

Cons

The require "time-in-title" when you accept a new position. This means that once you accept a position then you are required to be there for a specified amount of time before you can be considered for another position. This would not be so bad, but they require you to follow a specific set of job roles until you can get into area roles. This means that even if you have the ability, you are limited to how quickly you can progress in the company.

Pay is also largely based off of tenure, not performance.

Advice to Management

Recognize your high performers. Stifling their progression and giving them lower pay than your low performers because of tenure causes you to lose good people.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Great potential, great benefits but brutal expectations and no respect for employees out of work life."

Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Manager

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's performance based, if you're a top performer you get promoted. Anyone can move up through the company even to executive levels. The benefits are great and there's good mobility inside the company.

Cons

The pay is not transparent, there is way too much fluctuation in the pay due to compensation chances and quota adjustments. I the north east area it isn't uncommon for them to need to shut quota for the entire region because no one hits it. The expectations for what you need to do are insane. Minimum of $100 worth of accessories per device sold, crazy targets and quotas. They also constantly threaten you with the need for them to "move people around" (a.k.a demotion) when giving conference calls loaded with vague threats. You will hear over and over that they want people who are "all in" and if you aren't 7 days a week 24 hours a day then you're not fit to be a manager. Expect to sit on conference calls every day and absolutely on your day off. Be ready to go into work at a moment's notice for no other reason than because your "numbers are hurting when you aren't there". For perspective as I am a top performer as a manager and I've been recognized for doing most of these things. But that doesn't make then right.

Advice to Management

Respect my personal life and stop ruling with fear. Telling me every single employee will need to reapply for their jobs when the new store design comes is pure evil. Guilt and fear shouldn't be you're motivational tools. You need to stop using you're employees pay structure as a release valve for pressure to improve revenue and profitability. I've worked for this company for 6 years, and I make the same as I did when I first started. I'm now a successful manager and I honestly can't even see the difference in my pay.

2. "Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Business Account Executive
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training and trainer are great

Cons

Some Supervisors are not professional

Advice to Management

Train the supervisors in diversity