Verizon Wireless - My experience working for Verizon Wireless (in NJ) was thrilling and very fulfilling. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"My experience working for Verizon Wireless (in NJ) was thrilling and very fulfilling."

Current Employee - Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Training, Career Advancement Opportunities in NJ.

Cons

The cons involve a degree of separation and segmentation from HQ when you come to work for the Region. The cultural attitudes are in stark contrast from the Corporate structure in NJ.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

"My experience at VZW was overall a positive experience. Industry leader. Positive work environment. Good benefits/bonus"

Former Employee - Principal Architect in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Principal Architect in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

VZW is a stable company with opportunities for growth, good bonus program and really good people to work with. Benefit programs we very solid.

Cons

Challenges with teams working together. Based on your location can be hard to get promoted. Upper management has tendencies to ignore/disregard employee recommendations.

2. "Could Be Worse"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is job security. Work can be interesting. You can move around the company if you're motivated and want to learn.

Cons

Salary. It really hurts when you hear about how much money your company makes but they don't pass any of the profits on through wages. They pay lower than industry standards, at least for engineering, and for the last few years they've lowered the amount paid out for the company profit sharing portion of salaries. Also, they've upped the work load dramatically. The only reason I stay is because of the conditions of the current job market. They know the same fear is true for many employees and Verizon is leveraging this as much as possible. Lately they've been a very greedy company.

Advice to Management

Start paying attention to the yearly employee surveys. Oh, and when we all get together at company events, don't play Verizon motivational videos unless they're really good.