Verizon Wireless - Amazing benefits, decent pay, great culture and nice facilities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Amazing benefits, decent pay, great culture and nice facilities"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are endless and the training is amazing. They pay you well, offer over time and give you recognition for hard work. The managers are all leaders, have great skills and every manager I had was amazing. This place truly breeds excellence as corny as that sounds.

Cons

High stress calls but they pay you well. Requesting time off is so impersonal and I tried to get my wedding day off which happened to be on Labor Day weekend, but I was denied because of seniority. This was 10 months in advance and you do this at the beginning of the year, but I was told to "just call in sick".

Advice to Management

Change the time off requesting slightly. Still keep the seniority, but make certain categories higher priority. For example, weddings, birthdays and graduations should be higher priority than simple vacation time. Family is more important than play time.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Conflicting objectives, blind eye to ethical violations, and no accountability."

Current Employee - Solution Manager in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Solution Manager in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good compensation. Good benefits package. Like most companies there are good people; in particular on the retail front lines. However, promotions and career advancement remain rewards for those willing to play the social networking games.

Cons

Shortsighted vision for frontline success measurement. Lots of lip service given to employee development but no real programs beyond the typical social games.

Shifting of call centers and technical services to vendors has dramatically reduced customer experience, increased employee conflict, and lead to delayed resoltuions.

Advice to Management

Either embrace a culture of ethics and integrity; with standardized procedures for addressing customer objections, concerns, and complaints. Or, acknowledge the present culture of slash and burn sales where ethical guidelines are applied haphazardly.

2. "Data Analyst"

Former Employee - Data Analyst - Esecurity in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst - Esecurity in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Place to start out at and there is a ton of opportunity working for this company. I gained a lot of knowledge about the wireless and technology industry. I was able to work with a lot of great companies; ranging from established tech companies to fast-growing start ups. Competitive environment.

Cons

There are a lot of politics involved in the office. I you are not into a compedative environment then this is not a job for you.