Verizon Wireless - You'll stay busy and deal with a variety of personalities and moods & make a good amount of money if you're good at it! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

"You'll stay busy and deal with a variety of personalities and moods & make a good amount of money if you're good at it!"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Rapid City, SD
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Rapid City, SD

Pros

Compensation is excellent - commission structure is complex and challenging, but if you focus on where you make the most money (which coincides with making the company money) you can make between 50,000-80,000 a year since it's not capped.
Benefits are fantastic - incredibly inexpensive health insurance for individuals and families, and when I was there they matched up to 6% of every paycheck for 401k, which adds up fast; paid vacation and sick days -- and there is no probationary period
The majority of the managers I had were excellent - they let you be accountable for your own success and generally don't nag when you're not meeting your quotas

Cons

Hours are swing shifts, between 6-3, 7-4, 8-5, 9-6, 10-7, 11-8, 12-9... it can be frustrating to attempt having a life outside of work because of the variety of shifts you have each week.
Coworkers tend to get frustrated when they are not meeting numbers and oftentimes end up blaming another rep's success on 'cherry-picking' customers or making excuses for the quality of customer that comes in the door - you have to be prepared to deal with a lot of moodiness between managers and sales reps and sales reps vs. sales reps.

Advice to Management

Strive to be educated enough in the company that you can honestly say you know the answer, but encourage the employee to find the answer on their own. I had a few fantastic managers that developed me with this and I went from Customer Service to Sales to Assistant manager in three years.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

"Overall, I did not feel appreciated for all of the hard work I put in."

Former Employee - Assistant - Sales Operations (ASO) in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant - Sales Operations (ASO) in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Benefits, Relationships with co-workers, Good pay.

One of the things I miss most about Verizon is my co-workers. I worked with the best team of people.

Cons

Little appreciation, Little chance for promotion, High stress, Long hours, Time off not approved.

I am still not over the experience I had there. It was a very stressful job. I worked like a horse and was overlooked for promotion twice due to my manager promoting his "boys" instead of me. In the end, I was training his "boys." I left because I didn't feel like I was getting back what I put in.

Advice to Management

My advice....choose the best person for the job regardless of how long you have known the person. Be fair.

2. "not compatible with my level of education. My job was boring for me."

Current Employee - Network Leadership Development Program in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Network Leadership Development Program in Seattle, WA

Pros

great colleagues, very friendly atmosphere, great leadership in the network organization, healthy promotion path

Cons

I was looking for engineering job but my job was all operations

Advice to Management

I think they devised a great program for new grads. It was just not suitable for me since I had a few years of experience.