Vermont Teddy Bear - Love my job at VTB! | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Love my job at VTB!"

Pros

The people are nice to each other here. I like feeling part of a company that brings happiness to the many visitors to the factory during the summer. BBQs, Bake-offs and Bocce Ball. I love it. The benefits package is standard but they do go the extra mile providing gym membership, free passes to a lot of stuff, good discounts for other Vermont companies and occasional give-aways. I think the politics is pretty minimal too.

Cons

We have been hit by the recession and the slow-down in retail because of it. So people had to be laid off and so good people are gone.

Advice to Management

Thank you for making announcements about changes happening here.

Other Employee Reviews for Vermont Teddy Bear

1. "Decent Seasonal part time work"

I worked at Vermont Teddy Bear part-time

Pros

Generally a good place. Nice coworkers.

Cons

Low pay. Boring work. Far from town.

2. "Terrible"

I worked at Vermont Teddy Bear part-time

Pros

Freebies during the holiday season (various foods and raffle prizes)

Cons

If I could rate with no stars I would. Low pay. Management in distribution is awful. Manager I had was aggressive, didn't get along with any of my seasonal coworkers, and ended up firing our team lead a few days before the season ended. Heard from many who work full time that management has a bad history of firing many folks. This place appears to have a high turnover rate. I quit and spoke a few words to HR before leaving.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay and properly communicate pay rates for all shifts. Have actual training standards to prepare for the holiday season. Fire any aggressive managers who have inability to retain workers for the season.