Vermont Teddy Bear - Love my job at VTB! | Glassdoor

"Love my job at VTB!"

Pros

The people are nice to each other here. I like feeling part of a company that brings happiness to the many visitors to the factory during the summer. BBQs, Bake-offs and Bocce Ball. I love it. The benefits package is standard but they do go the extra mile providing gym membership, free passes to a lot of stuff, good discounts for other Vermont companies and occasional give-aways. I think the politics is pretty minimal too.

Cons

We have been hit by the recession and the slow-down in retail because of it. So people had to be laid off and so good people are gone.

Advice to Management

Thank you for making announcements about changes happening here.

Other Employee Reviews for Vermont Teddy Bear

1. "maintenance manager"

Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Shelburne, VT
    Current Employee - Maintenance Manager in Shelburne, VT

I have been working at Vermont Teddy Bear full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people. A gentle company that cares about their employees. Very straight forward management ( no mind games). Everyone just works together.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons. During Christmas season the work is very intense but everyone is still helping each other get the work done.

Advice to Management

I cannot think of any advice or management. The management has strong skills and they are always open to peoples ideas.

2. "A Fun Place to Work!"

I worked at Vermont Teddy Bear full-time

Pros

I met some really good people at Vermont Teddy Bear! People who really cared about their job, the company and their coworkers. It gets crazy busy during the holidays but you still see people laughing and having a good time. I enjoyed my job and earned a lot but it was time for my next adventure.

Cons

Communication could be better, but I think that people are aware and trying to make improvements.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and things will continue to get better.