Verndale - Satisfying work, interesting jobs | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Verndale

"Satisfying work, interesting jobs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Good team environment, interesting work, nice people. Good balance between work and personal. Managers seem to care about employees career development, encourage technical development.

Cons

Poor benefits and compensation relative to industry (no bonuses or 401(k) matching)

Advice to Management

Be more competitive with compensation and benefits. Free food on Fridays only gets you so far.

Other Employee Reviews for Verndale

1. "fast paced and challenging - not a good fit for a passive employee"

I have been working at Verndale full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is motivative to grow the company to gain an edge in a diluted market.

Nice people work here that genuinely care about the well-being of their co-workers. The partners have been known to be incredibly generous in emergency personal situations that cause employees to be away from work.

There are plenty of opportunities for growth and leadership wants to hear individuals ideas and figure out ways to put them into play.

Benefits are pretty good and are evaluated often to be more competitive.

Cons

8 hour billable target makes it hard to spend time learning new things, you should be motivated to spend off hours investing in your own knowledge/growth in marketing or technology.

The fast passed environment can be draining, often times we forget to ask for help.

HR is really just basic recruiting they aren't really prepared to deal with normal HR activities that seem simple.

Verndale Response

Mar 28, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a Glassdoor review. The feedback we receive, whether positive or negative, is always appreciated. We understand that with our billable target and fast paced ... More

"Stressfull"

I worked at Verndale full-time

Pros

Overall nice people, free snacks, modern office, dog friendly office

Cons

Billable hours (8h min. per day), most people work overtime even though the company pretends that it isn't the norm, little time off, new employees are expected to hit the ground running when they start. Especially project managers are overworked.

Advice to Management

Value your employees as highly as your clients

Verndale Response

Nov 2, 2016 – SVP, Program Management

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. All feedback, positive or negative, helps to shape our organization for the better. To respond to some of the specifics in your review, it is true that ... More