Versar - Good place to start a career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Versar

"Good place to start a career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

I worked at Versar full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn and travel a lot

Cons

Versar tends to consider employees disposable.

Other Employee Reviews for Versar

"A refreshing change from larger companies"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Versar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In a company this size (about 500 employees), I feel like my contributions really matter. The CEO is very personable, and although I'm relatively new it's obvious to me that he and his leadership team are working to effect positive change throughout the organization. Some of these results are already in place, and others are still yet to be seen. The work life balance is good, and stress levels are very manageable compared to other companies where I've worked. Overall, I feel I made a good choice in coming to Versar.

Cons

Versar is working to build up their overhead functions (finance, HR, IT, etc.) and making efforts to improve customer service in these areas. Progress has been made, but continued focus in this area is needed.

Advice to Management

I see evidence that you're working to improve communication. Please continue these efforts, as communication is critically important.

2. "Making a difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

I have been working at Versar full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Before joining Versar, my entire work experience was with very large companies. I was excited to join Versar because of the size and ability to make a difference. In my short tenure, I have accomplished a great deal that is helping to move the organization forward. I enjoy the people I work with as well. In the last three years, the CEO has done a great deal to improve the organization.

Cons

As with any organization, there is some resistance to change amongst the ranks. This will hopefully be lessened with time. Communications don't always filter down to all employees, though we have a quarterly All Hands which is positively received.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus externally on growing the business and moving it forward. Keep the focus on communications at all levels and hold leaders accountable.