Vertafore - Vertafore Thoughts | Glassdoor

"Vertafore Thoughts"

Current Employee - Manager in Bothell, WA
Current Employee - Manager in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Use facts and data to make business decisions
Individuals can make a difference and contributions are valued
Great team and environment

Cons

So many projects and so very little time
Some departmental issues with accountability and follow through decisions made in one department have consequences in another.

Advice to Management

Allow your team members to develop and grow. Ask team members which projects they want to work on. Hold people accountable, listen to the team members and value those who act and care.

Other Employee Reviews for Vertafore

"Simply That Bad"

I worked at Vertafore full-time

Pros

Some really talented people, but a lot have left.
    Nice building, OK compensation and benefits.

Cons

There are just too many to mention. There are way too many ego's in the company. Management is terrible. HR does nothing about it as they are part of the problem. Folks are generally unhappy. Lots have left, even more have been fired, etc. etc.

Advice to Management

They do not listen. Plain and simple.

Vertafore Response

Jul 9, 2013 – Corporate Communications

On behalf of Vertafore, I want to thank you for your comments. We appreciate the feedback as we are constantly striving to make Vertafore a better place to work.

"Frustrating company for long term employees, good products, limited ability for upward movement"

I have been working at Vertafore full-time

Pros

decent pay, good storyline for products, probably a good place to start a career - but then move on

Cons

Lots of change (and not the good kind), especially in leadership. Very limited and/or complete lack of salary increases. Quotas change frequently and are often unobtainable. Severe lack of work/life balance. They will work you to the bone with no apologies, but lots of plans & conversations over many years to make it better (which it doesn't get). Innovation is not top on priorities and maintaining the status quo is perfectly fine.

Advice to Management

Pretend like you really do care about employees and the value they bring. Try to stop the brain-drain. It's hard to see really good employees being let go or leaving voluntarily while mediocre ones thrive for some reason. Saying you care is one thing, actually showing it is another.

Vertafore Response

Jul 9, 2013 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for your review. There have been changes in our leadership and management structure over the last several years as we go through the transformational change process from a holding company ... More