Vertafore - So-So | Glassdoor

"So-So"

Current Employee - Product Support Analyst in Bothell, WA
Current Employee - Product Support Analyst in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vertafore takes pride in a sense of community and has improved employee recognition in the last year

Cons

There is a lot of talk about positive change but it will take years to feel the effects of the current changes that are implemented (whether they are positive or negative)

Advice to Management

If you treat the employees that you currently have well (compensation, benefits etc..) you will spend less money than investing in constant new hires. You will also maintain a staff that is knowledgeable and has faster turn around time improving overall customer service. Your employees are the future of the company and they should be valued as such.

Other Employee Reviews for Vertafore

"Disappointing at best"

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best software for an industry that has a paucity of other viable software vendors. Many wonderful people. Great campus with walking trail. If you are sycophantic, you can go far in the company.

Cons

Little to no training. Extremely siloed departments within the company. Mostly due to Vertafore being built by acquisition. Management communication and leadership is sub par at best. Management mantra is "Do what your boss tells you, change your boss' mind, or go get another job." Sales, in general, is high pressure, but it doesn't have to be hostile to achieve results.

Advice to Management

Realize you can have good results with bad management, but great results are best achieved through teamwork and encouragement.

"I really like it, but I also keep me resume current"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good medium-large sized company with solid financials
    - Good (though not exceptional) work environment (between RIFs and re-orgs)
    - Good products, but room for improvement means opportunities abound.
    - High achievers can do well.
    - Competitive salaries and decent benefits

Cons

- Management turn-over is an issue. Having multiple new managers every year is no fun and wears you out.
    - Layoffs are inexplicable, random and far too frequent for a company this profitable. Most companies cut from the bottom 10% of performers. At Vertafore, its a crap shoot. You can get a performance bonus one week and a pink slip the next. You never know when or where the ax will fall, or how to avoid getting cut. Morale drops with each unexplained reduction. Speaking for myself, I do not feel secure in my job here despite consistently high performance reviews.
    - Multiple reductions without back-filling roles means that many are performing parts of multiple jobs and chronically overworked.
    - Internal promotion happens, but too infrequently. As with most companies, you usually have to leave to get a promotion.

Advice to Management

I actually really like most of the current management and think they are genuinely good, smart people. They're not perfect, as evidenced by the cons I mention above, but they are also moving the company in a very positive, interesting strategic direction. My advice would be to do a better, more proactive job of communicating honestly the what and why around the frequent changes (better yet, reduce them). Your silence allows the rumor mill to become the single source of information for the company, and I must say, the rumors aren't flattering.