Vertafore - Great place to work—for the right temperament | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vertafore

"Great place to work—for the right temperament"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I find Vertafore to be full of smart, talented people who treat each other with respect and who really care about doing good work. It’s a much less political, competitive environment than I’ve experienced in bigger companies. Top management has an exciting, viable strategy, and the projects that people are working on are innovative and fun. All the pieces are in place for us to continue be very successful.

Like any company, life looks different from team to team, site to site. From my perspective, Vertafore is a place for people who roll with change, take personal accountability for how they manage that change, and deliver results while playing nice with others. It’s not the best place for people who don’t handle ambiguity with an even keel. My role models here know how to keep perspective. They handle ambiguity by figuring out how they can lead themselves and others through it.

Cons

There have been a lot of intentional leadership changes (mostly for the better) in the last 1-2 years, and groups are still figuring out how their work fits together. Our product direction has evolved, and it requires people to break down silos to work together in new ways. It’s positive for the long-run, but there’s even more ambiguity than usual in the short-run.

Advice to Management

Managers: continue to empower your people to take personal responsibility and accountability. Don’t accept passive-aggressiveness as a coping mechanism. Expect personal accountability, recognizing that you first need to provide the support and the safety net for people to stretch and to learn from mistakes.

New CEO: Vertafore has suffered from the effects of our soon-to-be prior CEO. Euan has been remote (literally and figuratively—his office was in NY, and he didn’t make the effort to connect with the people or provide visible leadership). Vertafore has a ton of people passionate about doing great work for the company and for the customer, and it has a strong group of execs leading their areas. The uniting force of an engaged CEO is the missing link for us.

Other Employee Reviews for Vertafore

1. "Good employer, company moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bothell, WA

I have been working at Vertafore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- PEOPLE
    - Work/life balance
    - Benefits/compensation

Cons

- Senior management
    - Training
    - Overall communication

"Confused, bewildered and other synonyms"

Former Employee - Sales in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Sales in Bothell, WA

I worked at Vertafore full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great roll-out salary, benefit package and good people to work around.

Cons

Typical of large corporations, a lot of upheaval in direction and change in upper management which filters down to instability and constant change in objectives.

Advice to Management

Be clear, fair and forthcoming about what REALLY to expect instead of switching roles, responsibilities after being hired.