Verticalmove - Great place to work. | Glassdoor

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA

Pros

The recruiting staff is the best in the business. Numerous top clients such as Facebook, Zillow, Salesforce.com and more. Small fun team.

Cons

Their CEO is very picky and has a relentless commitment to attention to detail.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Verticalmove Response

May 23, 2015

Couldn't agree more...!

Other Employee Reviews for Verticalmove

"If you're serious about your career..."

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at Verticalmove full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are a professional recruiter that wants to take your career to the next step, this is the place. I was tired of not getting feedback or traction on my candidates and throwing candidates at hiring managers with a hope and a prayer something would work out as happens at so many agencies. That doesn't happen here. I work with top clients with direct access to hiring managers whom we have cultivated strong relationships with. The other thing that differentiates Verticalmove, is that many of the clients are retained (you read that right, retained), so these are REAL jobs managers are motivated to fill. I have a hard time keeping track of all the incoming job orders and new clients.

I'm really challenged in learning the technologies we recruit for and how to attract, recruit and close Software Engineers. But it pays off when a candidate or a client realizes you know your stuff. The highly accessible management REALLY wants you to succeed and provides you with awesome tools, client/pipeline updates, motivation, guidance, leads and great training. They are hands on when you need it and hands off when you don't.

Cons

I wouldn't necessarily say these are cons, more like a heads up:
    Like any growing organization there are growing pains so you would need to be comfortable in that kind of an environment.
    If you are not self-motivated, trainable and disciplined, this is is not the organization for you.
    If you are not open to frank feedback to help you improve, this is not the organization for you.

Advice to Management

Shorter meetings with a published agenda that is adhered to, I've got jobs to fill!

"Sure go for it"

Pros

I found from all the noise of other high turnover, larger recruiting companies that the brand provided an easy pitch to engage with certain candidates.

Cons

The position was highly misrepresented to me because there was actually no ability for upward communication, and also there is no culture of innovation; rather, changes are largely random.