Vertis Communications - For the most part, Vertis was good to me, treated me well, and compensation and benefits reasonable. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vertis Communications

"For the most part, Vertis was good to me, treated me well, and compensation and benefits reasonable."

Current Employee - Supervisor in Saugerties, NY
Current Employee - Supervisor in Saugerties, NY

Pros

Compensation and benefits were adequate. Work schedule was extremely attractive and time off was also adequate. My manager was flexible in meeting my requirements to balance personal and professional life. The team was great to work with.

Cons

Leadership was constantly (corporate) changing and training to perform position responsibilities inadequate (division level). A lot of changing towards how production was measured, used different metrics, but none were helpful to the men on the floor. Not enough capital investment as the equipment was aging needed much repair and necessary resources to adequately satisfy production and customer requirements was unavailable or lacking.

Advice to Management

Increase capital investment in new equipment and technologies. Invest in training for divisional level management and supervision. Address specific areas needing improvement as opposed to a general "we need to improve". Give employees sense that direction being taken will not only improve shareholders/stakeholders confidence, but employees confidence as well.

Other Employee Reviews for Vertis Communications

1. "Management changed so frequently, not in touch with employees history and contributions to the company. Doesn't matter."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Pay was above average. Benefits were good.

Cons

Declining industry. Top heavy management.

Advice to Management

Give more empowerment to employees to do their jobs and allow more opportunity to present feedback. Allow more training opportunities for employees.

2. "ok to work for"

Current Employee - Lead Material Handler in Bellmawr, NJ
    Current Employee - Lead Material Handler in Bellmawr, NJ

Pros

benefits the employees i make working there fun for everyone there

Cons

pay scale no pay raise in 4 years

Advice to Management

compensate employees we the one's pushing the product out on time getting the work done keeping the machines running eveyday