Vertis Communications - Worst Job Ever | Glassdoor

"Worst Job Ever"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Met a few nice people. They did not cut wages and benefits until after I left in 2007. A place to work if your unemployment is about to run out.

Cons

I worked at Vertis HQ in Baltimore 2005-2007. Glad I left. Cannot believe all the cost cutting and wage reduction taking place. Vertis was sinking years ago, will not be with us much longer. They treated people like garbage. Public reprimands were the norm. Managers with all the manners of a shaved ape. Zero training of any kind, they cut that out years ago. Buy a book if you want to learn. Every time I look at the Vertis web site there is a new management team. New employees wait 90 days for benefits, what a joke. Management reneged on a telecommuting arrangement, so I had to shlump into downtown Baltimore each day. Do not work here unless you have low self esteem or are about to lose your house.

Advice to Management

No reason to delay the inevatable, sell the company off in pieces and be done with it. Vertis is not long for this world. Pay attention to how poorly your managers are treating their employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Vertis Communications

1. "Don't Work Here If You Can"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I got a decent pay in today's economy but I don't know how long it will last. The printing industry is dying.

Cons

Ineffectual upper management, unhealthy micro-managing style overall (data metrics), rigid inflexible work/ life balance. lack of trust of employees

Advice to Management

Want to save money? Get rid of the excess overpaid management you have in place. Too many chiefs not enough Indians

2. "If you work there now, you probably won't for long"

Former Employee - Customer Support Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Support Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I liked my specific job, but can't really point to many reasons why.

Cons

Management is clueless; they constantly lie about the financial stability of the company; they are clueless on how to develop business; there are way too many chiefs and not enough indians. Printing won't be around in the next few years, so the company will be sold off in pieces.

Advice to Management

Figure out a business development strategy, get rid of the political climate where everyone in middle management is working harder to build their own "fiefdom" rather than build a strong company that satisfies employees.