Employee Review

Former Employee

Verus experience

Jun 15, 2020 - Electrical Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

small group of people. upstart company

Cons

learning controls systems architecture and design.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Verus Healthcare

Feb 21, 2021 - Inside Sales Representative in Brentwood, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Job, Easy Pase, Good benefits

Cons

Not consistent, call volume varies, sales varies

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not for honest people

Oct 6, 2021 - Sales Representative in Franklin, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pros of this place are honestly hard to find. I made good friends working here and that's truly about it. I guess it's an easy job to get considering I got hired through a temp agency and was a full time employee within a few months.

Cons

This is one of the most dishonest companies I have ever worked for hands down! First of all they disguised the position as a customer service position then as soon as I sat at a desk with someone for training it was obvious this is a sales position but I stuck around to see if I could give it a shot. I gave it almost two years. At first it was ok then of course as soon as I got hired onto the company they made a bunch of changes because certain people were doing a ton of sales while other were doing ok-ish so they raised the profit goal immensely so it was impossible to meet for those of us not trying to push sales on people who couldn't afford these very expensive CPAP supplies/machines. Not only was it sales but it was overly aggressive sales and that is something they didn't even try to hide unless they were speaking to a customer. It was all under the guise of a "health concern" and these people we were harassing day in and day out clearly were not changing their supplies as often as we recommended so they of course had a back log of supplies piling up in their closets due to smooth talking sales people pushing it on them over and over again. By the time you would call someone they would be so irritated with the repeat and unnecessary phone calls they would scream in your ears about any issues they have had with billing, especially billing. The way these supplies are billed is completely a scam and the insurance companies will tell the customer one thing while we tell them another and it only confuses them even more. And you're supposed to sell these people more supplies that cost them upwards of 350 dollars for a 3 month supply. The management is quite frankly a joke there and no one listens to your concerns whatsoever. God forbid you had a question for a supervisor or needed to escalate a call because no one was ever available and they would always make us tell the angry customer that they would give them a call tomorrow and of course they never did. They would raise goals constantly without any real reason other than "more calls equals more sales" which couldn't be further from the truth. More calls really means more voice mails and angry people that pick up and cuss you out then hang up. They constantly encouraged us to rebuttal but then couldn't even give a decent example of actual agents closing a sale with a rebuttal which is insulting to say the least. Personally that's just the tip of the iceberg for me and there were a lot more things that I found problematic which caused me to leave. I don't see why we allow such horrible business practices to coincide with the medical field and honestly this is why we need health care for all because it would cut out corporate greed and people would actually get the supplies they need for their medical conditions.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Verus Healthcare.