Veteran Solutions Incorporated - Lying is what they do best | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Veteran Solutions Incorporated

"Lying is what they do best"

I have been working at Veteran Solutions Incorporated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have a job that I may or may not receive pay for.

Cons

We could not get paid on time or correctly for months. After many months we have had our sick leave taken away and our fringe (that was previously paid as cash) was no longer offered as an option. The notice that we were provided was 5 business days two months before Christmas. We have been lied to and have yet to receive any explanation and or truth.

The CEO never shows his face at meetings and getting them to reply to emails or calls is like pulling teeth. Veteran Solutions is a joke. They laid off two veterans when they took on a new contract. How is that for providing jobs for our vets.

Advice to Management

Get out while you can

Other Employee Reviews for Veteran Solutions Incorporated

"Great Employer-Performance Driven Company"

Pros

VSI is a small, family oriented business. I like the small business aspect and the idea that if you perform well you do get rewarded for good performance. I have personally been offered many opportunities to further my career and education within this company based on my work ethics and quality outputs. I appreciate the feedback and guidance I receive from my leadership. I have been with the company approximately three years, and although the contracting world can be tough, I always felt as though VSI has supported me and has my best interest in mind. VSI is considerate to employees personal and family needs and is in support of all active duty and prior military employees. I have experienced times when I was having personal issues, and VSI was flexible with me to allow me to take care of family first. When I did my research on my current salary I am making what I should be making for my position/years of experience per current industry standards, so I can't complain. I look forward to receiving another raise upon my annual review! One thing I have learned in the contracts world, is it is changing, and not for the betterment of the small business contractors. It has become very difficult for contractors; as the government dictates within the contract what the contractor can pay the contractor's employees and contract duration. Even with these ever growing restrictions, VSI still offers a great benefit plan and plenty of PTO. I have participated in some of the events that VSI has took part in to support the vets and the community and it really makes me proud to be a part of VSI. I also like that I can call and speak to my PM/HR/Finance anytime and if I have an issue the support team at Headquarters quickly works to resolve the issue. Often times the response is within minutes! I have even spoken directly with the CEO before! I love the small business feel, and I hope to stay for as long as I can.
    I have read other comments on Glass Door and to me it looks to be perhaps these are disgruntled employees that 1. Were not good performers 2. Are simply ignorant to the way government contracting works and are simply utilizing this site as an anonymous sounding board for those that were terminated/dissatisfied. All I can say, is my experience (and my direct colleagues) has been quite the opposite. Those comments I read seem to be unprofessional and simply lack validity. Hopefully those individuals have found satisfaction with a different employer. Or if they are still employed by VSI I encourage them to reach out to VSI HQ and hopefully any issues can be resolved. I have had no problem voicing my concerns in the past to the COO and action was taken to come to a mutual resolution.

Cons

As i mentioned the salaries are based on the contract the government provides, so at times I feel that my salary may have been lower than I would have preferred. However, I do understand that aspect of the contractor world and in a small business, it is difficult for them to compete with the big companies in some regards. Also, as a contractor it can be difficult as you do not know when your contract will end. I have seen contracts end for no fault of the company, just simply government mismanagement of funds or they decide they no longer need a position. That is a bit unnerving to me. Although the company seems to have come along way over the past couple of years, I think there is still room for improvement on company policies and communications to the field with company updates. the webpage needs updating as well and development of an "intra" net page so employees have a one stop shop for all their needs.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the guidance and support that I have received. I would like to see continued improvement in company policies and communications to the employees. Please continue to further develop and implement a performance-based company standard and incentive program that rewards hard work and reliability.

2. "Terrible Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Veteran Solutions Incorporated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is none, terrible company to work for. They are more concern about hiring family members than getting qualified people to do the job correctly.

Cons

They have financial problems, pay sucks with unqualified, and unprofessional people in positions that should not be there. Benefits sucks and have no remorse for people who are sick they are concern about money and not the well-being of their employees who keep the revenue flowing for them. The turn-around rate for employees are very high, people leave like a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Make your actions apply to your mission and focus on integrity, results and customer service something your company lacks