Veterans United Home Loans - Fun place to work | Glassdoor
  1. "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - Loan Specialist in Columbia, MO

I have been working at Veterans United Home Loans full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Values are taken seriously, fun place to work, feels like company really cares about employees' well being

Cons

Insurance is quite expensive if insuring more than yourself, no tuition reimbursement if attending school, can feel "pigeon holed" in one position or department.

Veterans United Home Loans2018-12-12

Veterans United Home Loans Response

December 14, 2018Culture Rep

Thank you! We do like to live our values as much as possible which include having fun while being passionate about what we do. We also take pride in truly caring about our family members which means we continually look at different ways to enhance the lives of our employees through ...

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Culture Coordinator in Columbia, MO

Pros

The company cares about their employees. They care about the work they do.

Cons

Sometimes, management decisions aren't communicated clearly to employees.

Veterans United Home Loans2019-05-06
  2. "Great Place, Ratio Focused"

Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Columbia, MO

I worked at Veterans United Home Loans full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Fun Environment, over-the-top benefits (free vending machine, massages, sodas, coffee drinks, game rooms), strong company culture

Cons

Promotions based on time on the job and not on merit/quality of work; Pay ($16.50/hr after one year there plus a over taxed bonus per loan closed) is rather lacking compared to similar places, especially considering that Columbia has the highest cost of living in Missouri; Management doesn't know how to lead or correct issues and chooses instead to skirt around the issue.

Advice to Management

Lead from the front, if your subordinates are suppose to meet certain ratios, so should you. Pay could be better, I'd give up the Soda Machine and Massages if it meant a few dollars more an hour. The company should give the Production Department more credit, they seem to plan events around what works best for everyone but Production even though we were the ones actually bringing business into the company.

Veterans United Home Loans2019-03-13

Veterans United Home Loans Response

March 27, 2019HR Representative

Thank you for the positive rating. We appreciate your constructive feedback. Best of luck to you in your career.

Discover more reviews about Veterans United Home Loans.