ViaWest - Dream job | Glassdoor

"Dream job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Viawest is a great company to work for, it's one of the leaders in it's field for a reason, it treats the employees right, and in turn the employees give the customers great service. Management doesn't hold you at arm length or breath down your neck, they talk to you and actually care. Management, and pretty much everyone becomes more of a friend than a co-worker.

Cons

I really haven't come across any cons. the only possible con is 12 hour shifts are a bit long, however it gives you more days off in the week.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The employees are your most valuable asset, and you know it. Viawest has great capabilities.

Other Employee Reviews for ViaWest

"Viawest hires people for dead-end careers."

Current Employee - Decline to State in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Decline to State in Denver, CO

Pros

There are none. Take the job if you need basic benefits for a little while. Don't believe the "best companies to work for" thing in Colorado. It's a scam.

Cons

Lack of transparency. Lack of promotion opportunities. Mistruths and brainwashing from management.
    Do you like tracking every minute of what you do every day? Down to the minute? Do you like that feeling where you're working at a McDonald's? This is basically a fast food joint.
    Do you like being told you are expendable every month? You can be replaced easily, that's an actual monthly statement from senior management.

Advice to Management

Sooner or later treating people this way is going to create some real problems for you.

2. "A Job You Can Feel Good About"

Current Employee - Current Employee
    Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at ViaWest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/Life balance, Pay, Benefits, Culture, Locations, Co-Workers....... I can't think of what is not good about this company. Coming from companies that genuinely do not care about their employees and are only about production and profit numbers, I can tell you this is a breath of fresh air. I have the ability to speak with the CEO if I need to, in fact, we actually see her all of the time. That is not common at big corporations, they don't mingle with the people below them. They have a realistic outlook on the company and that is everyone has the potential to contribute and make this company bigger and better, so they listen. That is what is important. They believe in their employees and that is all I can ask for.

Cons

I have no complaints about ViaWest.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, there is a reason we have won Best Place To Work so many years in a row....