Viacom Media Networks - Okay while your there - but don't ask for more money. Forget it once you leave | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Viacom Media Networks

"Okay while your there - but don't ask for more money. Forget it once you leave"

Former Employee - Assistant/Coordinator in New York, NY
Former Employee - Assistant/Coordinator in New York, NY

Pros

Open, fun, diverse, good perks, overall good people and fun projects.

Cons

Started great, but overworked and underpaid. Once you leave, there is a negative "unprofessional" reputation. Some managers are more focused on their own career goals, rather than helping others to rise and learn. Also, HR can be a trip. They recently made a mistake with my end date to a background check company after I accepted another job - delaying my new start date (I'm 4 years out of MTV and they still haunt me). They were off by 2 1/2 years! Although MTV made the mistake, they were unresponsive, even when I said it was a time sensitive issue and would not provide with someone to speak to about their mistake. It was easier for me to go through my own paperwork and accountant rather than rely on them to fix their own mistakes. If they don't know the # calling, they don't care.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of your coordinators as they are looking to grow as well and provide good insight.

Other Employee Reviews for Viacom Media Networks

1. "Bad"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Name recognition, big name on your resume, possibilty to see some talent from the newtwork, after work events and award shows.

Cons

meaningful work, advancement of job placement

"Poor management and lack of company direction."

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

Pros

Pay, work/life, fun co-workers, easy work if you don't want to be challenged.

Cons

Management arbitrarily promotes, and provides no career advancement. In general, the top level is not a bunch of good thinkers but just people who have been around enough and suddenly find themselves at the top of the chain. When it comes to managing, building teams, making strategic decisions, there's really little ability there. And lower levels suffer as a result.