Viacom - It's like the wild west where every man is out for himself so you better be on your game. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Viacom

"It's like the wild west where every man is out for himself so you better be on your game."

Current Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Marketing Director in New York, NY

Pros

One of the best reasons to work at Viacom is being able to exercise your creativity and seeing the results of your work show up on air and seen by millions. There is really no rhyme or reason to some of the thigns we do which can be great if you harness if properly - you'll get a chance to do things no one has ever done before so it's like a laboratory for ideas. The people really make the workplace and I've had a chance to work with some incredibly talent folks who are my lifelong friends now.

Cons

Viacom is a very competitive place to work as it's such a desirable company to work for. Many times it seems like you don't get enough support from senior management because everyone is always trying to prove their worth to the larger organization. Also, because it's such a creative environment, it lacks the structure that most other companies have in place to ensure fairness and clear direction.

Advice to Management

The people who work here are passionate about their jobs for a reason - they want to see the channels succeed because they hoenstly care. Please show some of that care back to the employees and really listen to what they need. Help us make sense of the madness that is making creativity blossom and most importantly, pay us what we deserve.

Other Employee Reviews for Viacom

1. "Amazing"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Building is awesome. All kinds of cool people work there. The Lodge has great food at affordable prices.

Cons

Unpaid Internships. I paid money out of my own pocket to work for them.

Advice to Management

Thank You!

2. "Internal reporting"

Current Employee - Intern At Internal Reporting Group in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Intern At Internal Reporting Group in New York, NY

Pros

The big name of the company. When you write it to your resume it's looks good. The good work enviroment to work.

Cons

people all focus on a small part of the project, hard to gain experience in related area. The internship is totally non paid.

Advice to Management

should improve the benifit for the intern, at least cover the transportation fee. Should have more event for intern to communicate each other.