Vicarious Visions - Greatest company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vicarious Visions

"Greatest company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I worked at Vicarious Visions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Their priority is to care for their people. Great benefits & perks. Open door policy all the way to the executive level. On a development level, the talent is amazing, they take great pride in innovation & providing the customer with an experience that exceeds their expectations.

Cons

Developers work long hours, however, VV does its best to help make this inevitable requirement better. Free meals & snacks, special events & activities, great time off package. They also take care of the family at home, hosting events to keep them connected during the "crunch" times.

Advice to Management

You have the right combination, keep at it!

Other Employee Reviews for Vicarious Visions

1. "Vicarious Visions; A company that values its product and its people"

Former Contractor - Quality Assurance Tester in Menands, NY
    Former Contractor - Quality Assurance Tester in Menands, NY

I worked at Vicarious Visions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Vicarious Visions is a company that foremost values the quality of its products and its people. It doesn't take long working at the company to notice the way everyone treats one another, from the personal interactions to the email decorum, everyone regards each other as family. This goes for management as well, who go the extra mile for their employees and are extremely competent at their jobs.

Cons

I only had two gripes during my time at Vicarious Visions. The first was the pay. I can only speak personally for my position in Quality Assurance, but the pay did not make for a livable wage for a recent college grad burdened with student loans. The only other issue I had was with the location in Menands, which lacked local amenities however, this is soon to be a non-issue.

Advice to Management

The company does a great job of investing time and care into your talent, I would only advise to invest equally financially to maintain that talent. The investment will eventually payoff.

2. "A close family with a very bright future"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at Vicarious Visions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Great Benefits ( 2 months paid paternity leave!)
    -Great Coworkers
    -Stability in an industry that rarely sees it
    -Creative staff who take risks
    -Affordable Housing. This place is a great affordable place to raise a family.

Cons

-Corporate risk level much lower than studios
    -Can sometimes be hard to get solid career growth beyond a mid level position

Advice to Management

Take the time to ensure that people are fully engaged and working to their maximum potential. Also realize when people are overworking themselves and need a break. Often during crunch is the time in which people need to take a day off and recoup the most.