Vicarious Visions - Great People | Glassdoor

"Great People"

Current Employee - Programmer in Albany, NY
Current Employee - Programmer in Albany, NY

I have been working at Vicarious Visions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great group of people. Bright future. Fun environment. Everyone wants to actually help each other and make great games.

Cons

Albany is a little underwhelming and promotions and advancement is more based on being political instead of work quality.

Advice to Management

Reward people who do not self promote, a lot of good people stay under the radar and get frustrated because they aren't extraverted enough.

Other Employee Reviews for Vicarious Visions

1. "A Well Balanced Culture; A Place to Grow and Stride"

Current Employee - Artist in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Artist in Albany, NY

I have been working at Vicarious Visions (More than 5 years)

Pros

We are always striving to remain in AAA IPs which still exploring unique ideas
    It's a company that supports local colleges, community involvement, and sharing local culture
    Benefits packages are good and promote healthy living with fun competition
    There is a strong mentoring program here that helps us all develop as individuals and leaders
    Fun work environment with lifetime relationships
    Culturally open to a wide variety of individuals
    Everyone can be involved in internal tools development which helps us all grow our quality of product

Cons

Heavy creative involvement from the exec team can pose both positive and a negative at times.
    Need for healthier options for food catering and breakfast bar

2. "Awesome Culture, Awesome Games, Awesome Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I have been working at Vicarious Visions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I currently work for VV and I can honestly say that it's awesome! VV spends a great deal of time and effort into maintaining the studio culture. They are very accommodating of employee needs both inside and outside of the studio. They also go above and beyond with free perks such as happy hours, yoga classes, meals and snacks, and swag - especially when a project is in full swing.
    Not only is the culture top notch, their games are fun and innovative. VV encourages its developers to work on things that interest us. Because almost everyone works on things they enjoy, it really shows in the quality of work and craftsmanship.
    VV FTW!

Cons

The studio is owned by Activision and working with ATVI can be challenging at times. It's also worth noting, however, that many, many other studios have this same dilemma.
    Also, VV is located in Albany, NY. While the area is actually really nice, the winter months are really cold.

Advice to Management

It'd be nice to have fewer meetings.
    It'd also be great to invest more in equipment and hardware like 24" monitors, battery backups, stand up desks, etc ...
    Lastly, we shouldn't ever run out of coffee. We need a more robust coffee station/system like you see at nice hotels.