Victoria's Secret - Unexpectedly made great friends. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret

"Unexpectedly made great friends."

Former Employee - Cash Wrap Lead in Oak Brook, IL
Former Employee - Cash Wrap Lead in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Victoria's Secret part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of my current best friends I met while working for Victoria's Secret. They had a program where employees could try and get into if they wanted to become managers or sales leads.

Cons

The store manager picked favorites. She interviewed people for positions, although she already had in mind who she was going to hire for the position and who she was going to promote. When I changed my availability because of a second job, they stopped giving me shifts and mainly gave me on calls.

Advice to Management

Stop letting management pick favorites and tell them to look for the best candidates. Try being more flexible with schedules since a lot of employees are still in school while working there or have other jobs.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret

1. "a great place to work"

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Victoria's Secret full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun, competitive, very motivating with on going training and meetings to help with new product and merchandise knowledge. competitive pay, good discounts and well organized.

Cons

difficult to move up within company .

Advice to Management

notice employees for acheivements and reward them more often .

"My Experience with Victoria's Secret"

Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Stroudsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Stroudsburg, PA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Victoria's Secret is a great place to work. Our team gets along great, we are all friendly and we all work together to get green segments. It is nice because we now have a new scheduling guide, flex and core which is great. Me being core, guarantees me a minimum of twelve hours a week which is better than going back and forth from four hours to 17 hours a week. You get a nice discount for those who like to shop here as well! There is opportunity for career opportunities as well. Gives you lots of experience in different fields whether it is in the back room organizing, processing, and getting things ready to go out on the floor, to doing brand guides and marketing as well as working the sales floor working on your customer service skills. Also you usually get your requested time off!

Cons

No benefits are offered for part time employees which is normal and the pay is minimum wage unless you have an elevated position. Some of the shifts scheduled are over night or very early in the morning because the work needed to be done needs to be done during off hours. Otherwise I haven't found many cons during my time at Victoria's Secret.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. We are a strong team, and I am looking forward to working with you all this holiday season.