Victoria's Secret - Theres both good and bad | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret

"Theres both good and bad"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret part-time

Pros

The Pros to working at Victoria's secret as a sales associate is definitely the 30% discount on everything and the feeling of accomplishment when you meet your quota for the day with your co-workers. You make great relationships and network with a diverse group of girls.

Cons

scheduling is a downside because I am a student at a far away school but when I come back for break they can not accommodate the amount of hours I would like even though I have full availability. It isn't always the most exciting work, folding underwear and organizing bras in color order but it pays the bills.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret

"VS is like working with High School kids!"

Current Employee - Design in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Design in New York, NY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looks good on the resume

Cons

Too many to list.
    ~ Corrupt management! Be aware of retaliation if you are being abused! No one cares about the work ethic or talent. Some managers only come in twice a week, just because they can, and complain they are being "overworked and super busy". Some managers buy and take samples just because they can.... VS is all about who your friends are, and about perception ones create. Worst job I've had in 20 years.

Advice to Management

Watch your upper management, SVP, AVPs ~ they are all taking advantage !

2. "Surprisingly a fun, gratifying place to work"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee Gratis!!! The company is really generous when it comes to keeping their employees satisfied
    Sexy atmosphere: surrounded by pink, bras, and panties I mean how can you not love that!
    Fun customers: sassy but classy women and men (shopping for their signifcant others) who feel so out of place; in retail, esp. at VS you'd expect loads of rude customers but you just have to kill with kindness; I've had one customer try to get rude but she didn't get far!

Cons

Hours take a nose dive after holidays
    "call-ins": semi-scheduling where one must call in an hour before schedule to confirm if they have to work or not
    Floor-sets- staying late in to the night to change store decor; not terrible but horrible if someone decides to call out

Advice to Management

When I first began, I was hardly told what to do even after asking. It would help things flow a lot smoother if management was more direct in issuing tasks to employees. Other than that I love my managers and the company, its really a great place to work!