Victoria's Secret - People are amazing but horrible hours | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret

"People are amazing but horrible hours"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Bernardino, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret part-time (More than a year)

Pros

very nice people, very supportive and fun environment

Cons

hours are VERY bad would work only 2-4 hours a day sometimes go without working for 2 weeks. had little training and was expected to know every bra and product in less then 24 hours and was expected to sale. If didnt met the goal every hour i was sent home early.

Advice to Management

TRAINING!!! i know if i had training in the beginning the job would have been easier in the beginning.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret

"This was a seasonal job at Victoria Secret. At first I was excited, but the more I stayed the more it was a nightmare."

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get 30-40% discount. There are opportunities to get other things cheap for employees. But you have to ask for those dates.

Cons

Managers are very two-faced. They cancel shifts on you all the time. They kept hiring more seasonal people, although they were already sending people home early when business was slow. I had a lot of grief with "managers" who were dating each other, and other managers who decided to mock me when talking down to me about how to do my job. I also had managers judge my personality and lifestyle based off on how I greeted customers. It was horrendous. How they urge you to bother customers is ridiculous and the quota to meet with CC's is always on the back of your neck.

Advice to Management

Ouch. I wouldn't know what kind of advice to give to management. I think everything in my "cons" section said it all. I really wish you guys could review though on how you guys make your employees "help" customers. I'd also advice some psychology test to be given to everyone, I think everyone's nuts over there.

"Great emp discount, but not worth the immature management"

Current Employee - Sales Support
    Current Employee - Sales Support

I have been working at Victoria's Secret part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great employee discounts on new floorsets.

Cons

the stores are run by young twenty year old girls who are just looking for the next thing to buy/next time to get drunk and tell us about it the next day. totally fine if that's what your into, but when you have a complaint, you just dont feel comfortable talking to the management. The back room supervisor was really chummy with us so when she tried to crack the whip, it was laughable. lots of gossip and incompetence. work here if you'd like to be shocked weekly about the poor state of our youth's brains/smarts. Overworked during holiday, but called out when the sales are slow. The pay is on the lower side, much lower than their competitors that carry cheaper clothes.

Advice to Management

When people are late or consistently rude, take action. use a three strikes rule. If managers are incompetent, fire them. there are tons of qualified associates who would make better managers. Try to open lines of communication....this would maybe reduce the amount of gossip tossed around.