Victoria's Secret - Don't make this your career unless you already have mgmt experience but the perks are worth working there otherwise. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret

"Don't make this your career unless you already have mgmt experience but the perks are worth working there otherwise."

Former Employee - Bra Specialist in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Bra Specialist in Miami, FL

I worked at Victoria's Secret part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gratis!- free perfumes/lotions/etc samples so you can try the products you sell, plus a free bra (usually nude or black though) or only at $15 when its being promoted. Every now and then they also give them for free, depending on what it is. My managers were very enthusiastic and it was great to work there, it's a company where you learn a lot about intimates and the options so just the experience itself was worth it. As a woman it's great to get comfortable in your own skin & know the options you have and as a man it's a great benefit to know what to buy for a woman.

Cons

It can get catty since there are so many women working together but this depends on management. Also, I got this job through a friend who had been there for 3 years. He worked hard, tried to get a management position but it never happened. I, with 4 years of management experience didn't even get chosen as a supervisor- you really have to sell yourself in this company! It is slow in promoting within and sometimes the work environment feels very apathetic.

Advice to Management

Employ less people and give employees more hours.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret

"Fun place to work, not to make money"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, NC

I have been working at Victoria's Secret part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, fun job, managers are great at coaching us to succeed, great gratis opportunities

Cons

low pay, short breaks, rude customers, little chance to promote, no chance to work full time

2. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at Victoria's Secret part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. We had awesome benefits, I felt like I was always getting a free goodie. We got to buy new bras for $15 too, which was great. You meet a lot of people working there, and they promote customer service, which was important to me.

Cons

Tedious work at times. You are constantly doing a lot of folding and cleaning. Sometimes we would have to stay until 2am because management was running late for corporate checks.