Victoria's Secret - worked seasonal as winter job between fall and spring semester | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret

"worked seasonal as winter job between fall and spring semester"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Victoria's Secret as a contractor

Pros

it was easy work. there was not a challenge, you knew exactly what was going to happen at work. I worked with a good group of people, but i don't think it would be nice working there if you didn't like the people. Also, it was nice because they gave you free stuff. When a new perfume launched, i got a free bottle of the body spray mist. it was pretty straight forward.

Cons

it was so easy and boring. I was frustrated with the scheduling policies because we would find out our schedule so last minute and then there would be a person desperate to get their time covered. I didn't know I would be scheduled for overnight stocking shifts when I was hired on either. Overall, I did not like working here, but I don't think I would like working in any retail environment

Advice to Management

Rather than have power trips, listen to employees. I felt like my boss resented me because I was in college and had a successful future and she didn't like her job.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret

"Company is not consistent"

Former Employee - Bra Specialist in Santa Anita, CA
    Former Employee - Bra Specialist in Santa Anita, CA

I worked at Victoria's Secret full-time

Pros

At one location I worked at I absolutely loved it! Great training, room for advancement, coaching, team members etc. At the second location I transferred to, pros were very few: incentives for associates were nice, incentives for bra specialist were great.

Cons

Many managers were rude, disrespectful, would go to sleep in the fitting rooms during an overnight floor set, new seasonal hires did not care and managers did nothing about it. The espoused values did not line up with the lived values.

Advice to Management

There needs to be more effort and consistency among managers between all stores, not just within the store and stopping at corporate.

2. "Worst CEO in history of VSD"

Current Employee - Merchandising Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Merchandising Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret (More than 5 years)

Pros

Generous Discount and summer fridays

Cons

No career advancement, ceo has everyone spinning, doesnt know how to inspire teams.

Advice to Management

Get rid of this CEO, bring some life back to the catalogue!