Victoria's Secret - Overall Great Company | Glassdoor

"Overall Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Flint, MI
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Flint, MI

I worked at Victoria's Secret part-time

Pros

I really loved the time that I spent at Victoria's Secret. I enjoyed my management team and coworkers. Our store was very close. We spent a lot of time doing team building, and I think that was what made our store such a fun place to work. With the vast number of women working there, you would think there would be more drama- but there wasn't. The company also invested quite a bit of time in training, which I felt really equipped me for the job. I also made numerous connections with customers- it was very rewarding!

Cons

It could be stressful when a customer acted out- something you expect when you work with the public.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret

"An amazing team of employees"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Victoria's Secret part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working with so many other hard working people. We all pull our weight and it feels like an awesome place. I love that it's flexible and part-time.

Cons

Not a lot of work/life balance, pretty low pay and not a lot of room for upward mobility.

Advice to Management

Keep things fun! Employee incentives can go a long way in that sort of environment. I love when we have competitions with each other, but I hate when its the same people over and over again.

"Vs"

I worked at Victoria's Secret part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The nature of the job can be fast-paced and fun. Its one of the few places that really emphasizes client-associate relationships and one of the best aspects of the job

Cons

Management makes your experience -- unfortunately in my case I became incompatible with the shift in management and their leadership and management style. Initially, though, I got hired into an awesome, friendly culture and I'm sure there are other VS's that have that same atmosphere