Victoria's Secret Stores - Working at Victoria's has its pros and cons | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"Working at Victoria's has its pros and cons"

Pros

20-30 percent discount
$10 bra at start of job
discount on new bras
gratis: free makeup nad panties

Cons

not realiable when it comes to schedule changes. There have been instances where I was scheduled for a shift and i would get to work and a manager said they didn't need me. It was frustrating becuse i had to travel 45 minutes to get to work. I felt like they were stingy with hours and didn't have enough money to pay their employees for their time.

Advice to Management

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"Not worth all the time or energy you'll end up putting into the place"

Current Employee - Lead
    Current Employee - Lead

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great chance to meet some really nice people
    - you can learn how to do EVERYTHING in the store, which gives good experience to get another job
    - easy to move up within the company

Cons

- Horrible pay for the amount of work expected. You start at or 10 cents above minimum wage, and receive 25 cents a year for a raise. Even supervisors only make ~$1.50 more above the regular part time associates
    - no benefits, no matter how long or often you work
    - long shifts! you can work 12 hour days with 1 (half hour) lunch
    - Schedule was always posted late (This is not the case with most stores, but was with mine)
    - opportunities can be hard to come by if you work in a smaller store (we were not given the opportunity to transfer)
    - favoritism! opportunities were only made available to certain associates, even if others made it known to their store manager they were interested in moving up and putting in the hours. I had an interview for their "associates interested in management" program, and the person conducting the interview winked at girls applying from other stores. very unprofessional.
    - no outlet to upper management to report issues.
    - reporting issues was ignored. I knew of girls who anonymously reported internal theft and received nothing for their insight.
    -on calls. this system is especially frustrating because management would decide at the last possible second if they needed you for the day, to suit their preferences.

Advice to Management

Associates deserve better pay! Also, give a better outlet for associates to report problems. Most of the problems I had were at a store level but because I was at such a small store, the problems were ignored by the district, and treated as not important.

2. "If you're good at selling credit cards, you'll love this job."

Pros

great discount, the girls were nice for the most part, training process wasn't too fast so i didn't feel unprepared when i started working on my own.

Cons

meeting sales goals is super important, and if they're not met the managers will push you to sell products to meet the goals. also, since i was a cashier i was pressured to get people to sign up for the angel card when it was obvious no one really ever wanted to. it just felt like i had to be fake and super bubbly to work here and it got old really fast.