Victoria's Secret Stores - Unexpectedly made great friends. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"Unexpectedly made great friends."

Former Employee - Cash Wrap Lead in Oak Brook, IL
Former Employee - Cash Wrap Lead in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of my current best friends I met while working for Victoria's Secret. They had a program where employees could try and get into if they wanted to become managers or sales leads.

Cons

The store manager picked favorites. She interviewed people for positions, although she already had in mind who she was going to hire for the position and who she was going to promote. When I changed my availability because of a second job, they stopped giving me shifts and mainly gave me on calls.

Advice to Management

Stop letting management pick favorites and tell them to look for the best candidates. Try being more flexible with schedules since a lot of employees are still in school while working there or have other jobs.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"My Experience with Victoria's Secret"

Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Stroudsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Support Associate in Stroudsburg, PA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Victoria's Secret is a great place to work. Our team gets along great, we are all friendly and we all work together to get green segments. It is nice because we now have a new scheduling guide, flex and core which is great. Me being core, guarantees me a minimum of twelve hours a week which is better than going back and forth from four hours to 17 hours a week. You get a nice discount for those who like to shop here as well! There is opportunity for career opportunities as well. Gives you lots of experience in different fields whether it is in the back room organizing, processing, and getting things ready to go out on the floor, to doing brand guides and marketing as well as working the sales floor working on your customer service skills. Also you usually get your requested time off!

Cons

No benefits are offered for part time employees which is normal and the pay is minimum wage unless you have an elevated position. Some of the shifts scheduled are over night or very early in the morning because the work needed to be done needs to be done during off hours. Otherwise I haven't found many cons during my time at Victoria's Secret.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. We are a strong team, and I am looking forward to working with you all this holiday season.

2. "Sales Support Lead"

Former Employee - Sales Support Lead in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Support Lead in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extemely good training. Great people to work with. Perfect place to enhance your skill. Great employee discount. If you are looking for a college job this is the place.

Cons

Not enough movement in company. once in a lead poistion(also not enough lead posititons) there is no where to go because upper managment never gets promotions. Also there should be some kind of insentive to for selling credit cards.