Victoria's Secret Stores - The people make the job fun | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"The people make the job fun"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Lubbock, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Lubbock, TX

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The discount is good, the job attracts fun/energetic people

Cons

Working holidays is never fun in any job, but it is retail so that part is expected. The biggest problem I have found with the company is the in-store management teams. There is not enough professionalism. Girls quit very often because they are treated badly. Others are promoted to positions based on their friendship with the managers and not their quality of work or level of readiness for such a position. I have heard from associates at other stores that this problem with in-store management is widespread.

Advice to Management

Managers should be trained properly, act professionally, and their behavior should be to a standard that reflects the salary and benefits they earn. They often act so catty and unprofessional, you would assume they earned the barely above minimum wage that is payed to the sales associates.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for over three years and I love it. The company treats their employees great for the most part. Pay is great compared to other companies. Fun work environment. Most of the people who work here are great and check their egos at the door. Easy to change departments and move around within the company.

Cons

Takes a long time to get promoted in any department. Sometimes it's hard to have a work/life balance depending what department you're in. You may have to work long hours, or take conference calls early in the morning or late at night.

Advice to Management

I've had good managers and bad managers. Most have been good. To the bad ones - just try to encourage your employees to grow within their role.

2. "good company, wish there was just more opportunity for inside workers to grow"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great hours great culture hard working employees who are underpaid

Cons

have to work holidays, because it is retail

Advice to Management

listen to what your lower employees are telling you, they see the ins and outs and will be the success of your store.