Victoria's Secret Stores - It was OK. | Glassdoor

"It was OK."

Former Employee - PINK Sales Associate in Temecula, CA
Former Employee - PINK Sales Associate in Temecula, CA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discounts and Gratis are nice. I worked in PINK and every new floor set, which was at least once a month, we would get to buy 10 items at 50% off. I am pretty sure I spent all the money I made there at the store. The employees were nice. Management was nice but seemed fake.

Cons

SCHEDULE!! Horrible...if you like being on call this place is for you. If you like having a set schedule then do not apply. My schedule was all over the place...different from week to week and I was a core associate. I had 3 guaranteed shifts a week but I would come in and they would be slow so they would cut me 2 hours into the shift. I was always scheduled 4 hours and then on call 4 hours after my shift ended but they never kept me. Also, I was on call on my days off and you have to call 2 hours before you have to go in to see if you are working. This was horrible because I could never plan my day.

Advice to Management

On call schedules are ridiculous in a retail environment.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"Opportunities For Those Willing to Play "The Game""

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LBI does a lot of little things for its associates to make them feel valued (i.e. Associate Appreciation Week; Seasonal brand activities etc)
    Great discount
    Lots of hard-working and smart people to learn from
    Lots of opportunity to try new roles and to grow

Cons

The politics, at least in my area, are pretty bad. It really starts with the dept VP/leadership. It isn't like that everywhere in LBI, but VSD Marketing is rife with politics
    Areas and roles can be very siloed
    Really behind on technology. We do most everything in Excel. It can make for very time-consuming and inefficient work that is very prone to human error

Advice to Management

Invest in technology that would provide time and money savings as well as more accurate results.
    Stand up for your associates and represent them to higher leadership so that talents are known even if the associate isn't Susie Social

"Think before you apply!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in East Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in East Lansing, MI

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

developing great relationships with customers.

Cons

if you already graduated from high school this is your one way ticket back. constant bullying and harassment from management for those who are not in the "in crowd'.Its funny that their fashion show was in support of the anti bullying campaign last year. They will also only schedule you 4 hrs a week because there aren't enough hours, yet they will hire in 10 new people. it takes a lot of knowledge and commitment to learn everything efficiently and productively to be able to "listen,connect and inspire" a client, yet they keep their turnover rate high. this is why the unemployment rate it sky rocketing. because its easier for them to hire in a bunch of people who are just there for the discount as apposed to people who really care about their job, company and clients. and that's 3 years worth of advice so if anyone is wondering I wasn't a short stint employee.

Advice to Management

stop playing favorites and on that note stop playing games. We are all adults and as such need to remember that we are working for a major company that is focused on empowering women! At the end of the day your there for the company and the customers. NOT to gossip about who said what and try to get people fired. There shouldn't be an "inner circle" within management. END OF STORY. I dont know why that was so hard to understand. also, calling the help hotline is useless. I used it several times which ended in the gal pal district manager talking to the store managers, who were the people i was having the problem in the first place. Because of such I (after 3 years of working with this company and only 1 customer complaint ) am no longer with the company due to retaliation from reporting the harassment by my managers.Overall I miss my customers and I miss helping women, but my dedication to the job wasn't enough to overcome the hour cuts and overall harassment I endured each day. I can easily say these issues are store specific as I worked at more than 1 store and had no issues at my other location.