Victoria's Secret Stores - Happy to work for this company overall | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"Happy to work for this company overall"

Current Employee - Lingerie Sales Associate in Strongsville, OH
Current Employee - Lingerie Sales Associate in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

love my co-workers, feel empowered by management, rewarding helping customers shopping for themselves or for gift, I believe in the quality of our merchandise, and the discount and gratis' are nice

Cons

on calls, on calls, on calls, holiday and semi-annual time just because it's nuts

Advice to Management

I work at a fairly big store and there are a handful of managers, I love all of them. They are all wonderful and instill a sense of store pride in all of us as well as letting us know how much they value us. I know my managers don't have a choice but to schedule on calls, and I get why they use them, but they really are the only true downside to working for this company. They make it hard to plan your life and to be excited about working sometimes.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

1. "Cashier, Sales Floor Associate, Elevated Back Room Associate."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Victoria's Secret management is good at hiring complimentary personalities to staff their stores. I have had very few personal problems with any single person in the years I have worked here. Getting along with one's colleagues makes it much easier to be productive.

Cons

Working a retail position at times requires working some odd hours. Especially as a part time associate, flexibility in terms of scheduling is required. However in my experience, management at Victoria's Secret does not adhere the approved availability of associates. This makes it hard to have an appropriate work/life balance.

"It is an okay place to work if you don't want to work a lot."

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good associate discounts, especially if you are a Pink girl. Got some Pink outfis for free.

Cons

For part time associates they would cancel shifts if the store was not busy. A lot of my shifts got cancelled or I was told to go home early. Always got pressured to make sales goals and to open up credit cards. Pay was barely over minimum wage and never got an increase in the 6 months I worked there.

Advice to Management

Give better pay to sales associates and try to give better hours instead of hiring more and more workers.