Victoria's Secret Stores - Great company to work for if you are a college student | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"Great company to work for if you are a college student"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is very understanding and respectful about your availability. The have great monthly gratis' to help promote their products through personal testimony. Very customer-loyalty driven environment. Great at giving instructions before starting shifts (unless busy-understandable).

Cons

Tons of promotions, but can't keep track of when they end or start. (Thank goodness for the their Facebook Page.) I work less than 20 hours a week, yet no basic health benefits.

Advice to Management

Scheduled follow-ups with employees would be nice. Allows opportunity to share some feedback with both parties.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

1. "Happy to work for this company overall"

Current Employee - Lingerie Sales Associate in Strongsville, OH
    Current Employee - Lingerie Sales Associate in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

love my co-workers, feel empowered by management, rewarding helping customers shopping for themselves or for gift, I believe in the quality of our merchandise, and the discount and gratis' are nice

Cons

on calls, on calls, on calls, holiday and semi-annual time just because it's nuts

Advice to Management

I work at a fairly big store and there are a handful of managers, I love all of them. They are all wonderful and instill a sense of store pride in all of us as well as letting us know how much they value us. I know my managers don't have a choice but to schedule on calls, and I get why they use them, but they really are the only true downside to working for this company. They make it hard to plan your life and to be excited about working sometimes.

2. "Cashier, Sales Floor Associate, Elevated Back Room Associate."

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Victoria's Secret management is good at hiring complimentary personalities to staff their stores. I have had very few personal problems with any single person in the years I have worked here. Getting along with one's colleagues makes it much easier to be productive.

Cons

Working a retail position at times requires working some odd hours. Especially as a part time associate, flexibility in terms of scheduling is required. However in my experience, management at Victoria's Secret does not adhere the approved availability of associates. This makes it hard to have an appropriate work/life balance.