Victoria's Secret Stores - People are amazing but horrible hours | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"People are amazing but horrible hours"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Bernardino, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

very nice people, very supportive and fun environment

Cons

hours are VERY bad would work only 2-4 hours a day sometimes go without working for 2 weeks. had little training and was expected to know every bra and product in less then 24 hours and was expected to sale. If didnt met the goal every hour i was sent home early.

Advice to Management

TRAINING!!! i know if i had training in the beginning the job would have been easier in the beginning.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"This was a seasonal job at Victoria Secret. At first I was excited, but the more I stayed the more it was a nightmare."

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Coral Gables, FL
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get 30-40% discount. There are opportunities to get other things cheap for employees. But you have to ask for those dates.

Cons

Managers are very two-faced. They cancel shifts on you all the time. They kept hiring more seasonal people, although they were already sending people home early when business was slow. I had a lot of grief with "managers" who were dating each other, and other managers who decided to mock me when talking down to me about how to do my job. I also had managers judge my personality and lifestyle based off on how I greeted customers. It was horrendous. How they urge you to bother customers is ridiculous and the quota to meet with CC's is always on the back of your neck.

Advice to Management

Ouch. I wouldn't know what kind of advice to give to management. I think everything in my "cons" section said it all. I really wish you guys could review though on how you guys make your employees "help" customers. I'd also advice some psychology test to be given to everyone, I think everyone's nuts over there.

"Great Company...but workplace environment is petty and"

Former Employee - Planner in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Planner in Columbus, OH

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has awesome benefits and talks a great game...If the business actually ran how the company claims this would be a great place to work.. but it doesn't.

Cons

Plan to work at least 60 plus hours a week and dealing with very petty and vain women. (FYI Men do not see upward mobility within the company) You will put in long hours and you will be expected to work through lunch everyday... if you need to leave for a doctor appointment that time will be taken out of your 17 days of vacation/sick... they do not consider that you make up the time by working 60 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Management has favorites and will only listen to those people, unfortunately most of the favorites are right out of Ohio State and have no experience in business...