Victoria's Secret Stores - Made me a "customer for life" | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"Made me a "customer for life""

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Really push getting to know your customer on a personal level--you learn to really care about the customer and what they want/need
- EXCELLENT discount (30% standard, 50% 10 items for every floorset if you work PINK, and wonderful gratis)
- If you are a good worker, managers will notice. This can also be a con, for if you are a poor worker, you will notice.
- Fun environment, fun managers, fun coworkers

Cons

- High-pressure job. You're expect to talk to EVERY customer who walks into your store
- A manager will be walking around to check if you're doing just so
- Hours are based largely on business, which means any time after holidays = 1 shift a week, sometimes at best
- Call-in shifts: the bane of a retail associate's existence

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

1. "Loved it at first, that changed fast. HORRIBLE HOURS."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, CA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-30% discount, free gratis bras
    -seeing new products come in

Cons

-girls were awful, not friendly AT ALL
    -would be scheduled closing shift and get off at midnight and then be scheduled to open the next morning at 5!!
    -working long ridiculous hours
    -floor sets SUCK, working 8PM-6AM moving things around the store
    -not paid enough for the work they expect of you
    -CLEANING, scrubbing the toliet, floors, etc. DISGUSTING

Advice to Management

Treating people the same instead of playing favorites would be a good place to start. And maybe hire someone who is specifically for cleaning instead of making sales associates clean.

2. "if you are driven, you'll go far.."

Current Employee - Functional Manager
    Current Employee - Functional Manager

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

i've worked for the company for five years and now, at 24 I am a full time salaried manager with paid vacation, benefits and the perks of working for one of the most well known brands in the world. I admit I am a very driven person and have partnered with a lot of people in the district to get to where I am. Amazing discount (all the time) and gratis from the company occasionally.

Cons

I don't think its a con, but some people will. managers do not hold your hand. if you want to be promoted or move on to "next" you have to prove yourself. The district I work in is highly competitive and that means the best of the best get noticed, so set yourself apart but follow the brand strategy.

Advice to Management

well, it's all women in my district and I would just encourage everyone to remember we all have emoltional highs and lows. continue to embrace the human side first and the brand second.