Victoria's Secret Stores - The best job experience I've ever had, was working for Victoria Secret. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"The best job experience I've ever had, was working for Victoria Secret."

Former Employee - Victorias Secret Cashier in New York, NY
Former Employee - Victorias Secret Cashier in New York, NY

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is always great, I loved it the most because i was working somewhere I actually enjoyed, the customers are always spontaneous and mostly foreign...they can get a little out of hand but we're trained so well we just smooth it over and help that person as much as we can, the staff is more like a family them co-workers everybody respects each other and watches each others back, the store is set-up to wow people always on tip top shape, and the music sort of outs you in a trance which helps the day go by...

Cons

The only problem I had was the lack of hours it seemed like whoever worked before hand got all the hours and the new guys were just substitutes but all in all it's a good experience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

1. "Staffing Supervisor"

Current Employee - Staffing Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Staffing Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company values, great brand

Cons

The pay is terrible, no work life balance, unprofessional management

2. "Flaws in Company- love my co-workers but not so much how things run in my own store."

Current Employee - Sales Support in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is alright, as much as you'd be getting from retail I suppose. Sales Support is nice for early birds who like to get up early and be out of the store before customers show up. There's always something to do so you're never really just standing around bored.

Cons

Constantly running out of hours to give people- cutting all the time. The way they handle things seems really flawed, and when they ask for suggestions or what employees think is "bad" nothing ever changes, or they decide it's a little too honest and try as hard as they can to get you to quit. Managers are never on time. No one is reprimanded for being late/calling out and it hurts the working environment.

Advice to Management

Do something about people being late or not showing up because otherwise no one will learn that it's not okay. There should be more anonymous surveys for stores more often so that more can get taken care of and it will light a fire underneath management at said stores. Something absolutely needs to be done about the terrible return policy- it allows for more stealing and fraudulent returns which hurts the company and our hours...there should be a limit (like you can return things without receipt or ID up to $200...beyond that you need both of those things)...it might help at least stop fraud returns.