Victoria's Secret Stores - Sales Associate | Glassdoor

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. We had awesome benefits, I felt like I was always getting a free goodie. We got to buy new bras for $15 too, which was great. You meet a lot of people working there, and they promote customer service, which was important to me.

Cons

Tedious work at times. You are constantly doing a lot of folding and cleaning. Sometimes we would have to stay until 2am because management was running late for corporate checks.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"Worst Job I ever had."

Former Employee - Processing in Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Processing in Danbury, CT

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The discount, even though it was only 30%. And that one rare manager tat was great, and that I'm friends with now that I don't work there.

Cons

The entire management team was terrible, the overnights were terrible, and the way they treat the staff was terrible. I was part of the processing team. Which meant I had to be at the store at 6AM, I had two other jobs and was a full time student at the time so it was the only time I could work. This job is constant work, you are never just standing around. The store does not have air conditioning on at this point so it is hot as hell in there and you have to wear all black. I felt like I was going to pass out multiple times.

Working more than the people who stand around during their whole shift and answer questions, I still got paid less then them. The overnights were worse because you would be scheduled from 8PM until 4AM (8 hours typically, it did vary), and end up staying until 6AM with no option to leave and again NO AIR CONDITIONING. It was literally slave labor. I got out as fast as I could. Also, it is drama infested. The people that work there (minus a few) are snippy and gossip way too much.

Advice to Management

Change EVERYTHING about your work ethic, because it sucks. Or hire descent managers and maybe you'll keep an effective staff. I'm a hard worker and their were terrible employees being promoted to pointless, made up positions over me. They probably knew I would say no. Get some morals and treat your staff accordingly.

"Too many politics and gossip"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a 30% discount
    free items to try
    good training
    Your working for a well known brand

Cons

Managers who don't care about their employees only sales
    late or early floor sets
    girls that work their are too focused on gossip than work

Advice to Management

Associates gossip so bad I heard of one bragging about getting a SM fired because a group of them didn't like her. I thought that was red flag enough to leave.