Victoria's Secret Stores - Intimates Category Manager | Glassdoor

"Intimates Category Manager"

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work for people who take pride in hard work, there is never a dull moment and the business is constantly changing and you have to be ready to change with it.

Cons

Has no set guidelines to hold associates accountable for what the company considers "excessive" call-offs and/or coming in late. The definition of excessive varies from store to store and impacts the morale of the team with in the store and within the district.

Advice to Management

We are constantly encouraged to recruit and hire top talent but any experienced sales associates with strong retail background and could potentially become a leader in our company I can not retain due to the hours and pay. I usually lose these associate to other companies willing to pay $2 to $5 dollars an hour more.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"I gets old fast..."

Current Employee - Stock in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Stock in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is mindless for the most part. The discount is pretty good 30% off of all limited brands company.

Cons

Too many supervisors who don't talk to one another, all fighting to be the top dog. Starting super early like 4 am if stock and as late as 2 am for anyone. Hours suck and having call-in is even worst it makes it hard to plan other things in life. Lastly the pay is horrible and not worth the headache. Huge turnover rate because of these problems.

Advice to Management

Take away call-ins, fix the control problems within management, and rise the pay

"Catty Place to work in"

Current Employee - Seasonal Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Seasonal Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gratis, Flexible Hours,Fun other associates to work with

Cons

Working with women can get extremely catty. Was promised a position by DM and the store manager gave it to someone else. I have been at the store the longest

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and give more opportunities for promotion within the company