Victoria's Secret Stores - Scottsdale Fashion Square | Glassdoor

"Scottsdale Fashion Square"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Sales Support in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Our management team is the best in the state!!! My pay is good :-) and the staff on the sales floor is strong, and are like family.

Cons

Cannot move up if someone else doesn't...

Advice to Management

Move supervisors around to different departments, so that they are versatile and experienced in every category. This will allow associates who are interested in advancements, to move up and gain the same experiences, and help the company morale to grow in a positive way, where everyone has hope.

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

"A love/hate relationship with this job"

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been fortunate enough to encounter some great co-workers in both locations I've worked in. Even some management who were some of the most considerate people I've ever worked with, willing to teach you and work with you to elevate your skills not demean you and talk down to you like some others I've encountered. The discount is great too.

Cons

The arrogance and complete lack of respect of some of the management team. I've unfortunately come into contact with a store manager with a total lack of respect for their team. For instance, I've been called and told my shift was cut 10 minutes before I was supposed to start work WHILE I was just parking in the mall lot. I've never felt more disrespected before in my life, as if my time is not nearly as valuable as theirs, to have me drive 16 miles to work just to tell me to go home. But if I were to call out with that kind of notice I would get a write up. Not to mention they make it completely impossible to change your schedules when something unexpected happens. They'll tell you they will take care of it one day then when you ask the next they laugh in your face and tell you that's not happening. Definitely not worth it for the measly pay rate. In two years I've only had two 25 cent raises, which is absolutely insulting for someone who juggles working every position an associate can work (sales, register, stock support, 5 am floor sets)

Advice to Management

Appreciate your associates, understand that they have lives too outside of the store. Try to be somewhat understanding and compassionate to them and not demean them and insult them.

"A Rollercoaster"

Former Employee - Functional Manager
    Former Employee - Functional Manager

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with customers, meeting new people

Cons

Long work hours, hectic schedules, working every holiday, store managers who abuse the system, store managers who do not live the values they preach.

Advice to Management

Work your fare share of shifts, do not leave it all to your subordinate managers. If you request that your employees do something, be willing to do that duty yourself. Stop managing the store from the office. Remove your personal life from the business. Let your employees use their days off, including PTO. Live your values.