Victoria's Secret Stores - Wonderful Company | Glassdoor

"Wonderful Company"

Former Employee - Bra Specialist in Macon, GA
Former Employee - Bra Specialist in Macon, GA

I worked at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the atmosphere. It's so much fun working woman-to-woman in the fitting rooms and on the floor. It's definitely not just a job you show up for and go home. It takes passion to learn about all the bras and should be taken seriously.

Cons

Hours were skim. Home office isn't very understanding of local events and pushes numbers regardless of circumstances (ex: power outages, football games, concerts, etc.)

Other Employee Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

1. "Previous Employee and currently minimal customer due to ASSistance overkill!"

Pros

The single most BEST reason to work at Victorias Secret is that every new product (Bra and perfume) is given to the employees free of charge (or for $5 if you want the largest size of perfume)!!! It is great not only because there is nothing like Victorias Secret products, but because that ensures that each employee is giving a TRUE and accurate statement when they say that "name" bra is their fave or they are wearing "name" bra right now. Their testimonial is true and accurate because they do indeed have the products. Where as most other companies require you to be a good promoter of their items but also only give you a standard discount as if they could care less that you are truly loving the items and showing that to their customers in return

Cons

The pay for one. I will get into that more at the end.
    The absolute WORST part about it was the overkill from the associates asking every customer repeatedly how they could help them….when I worked in the back rooms closer to the register or fitting rooms, by the time the poor thing got to me they would get red in the face with irritation or scream at me when I asked AGAIN how i could be of assistance. Not only are most women OK with keeping their undies to themselves and are pretty confident in their sizes, the repeated incessant asking to help with this would cause so many to storm out without purchasing anything in their shopping bags!
    Second was management, so impersonal, fake, rude, and had that "better than you" "Mean Girls" attitude toward who are supposed to be their employees! Most of them walked haughtily past the majority of us without ever getting to know us or asking for feeb back and treated more like the maids then employees of the same company.
    Okay back to $$$ Standard retail pay I suppose, without commission (which is preferred as a customer!) However, I always looked at it as, the free product more than covers the difference! If I were buying each of these things at an employee discounted rate(which I would!!), then I would be spending an average of half my paycheck there anyway!

Advice to Management

Start over! Company reorganization would do this place some good! There are way to many favorites and buddy systems going on, by far the worst at any of my places of employment ever. I believe that this would also help with your internal loss prevention as well. Get a new staff that don't all know each other and your employees will be much more motivated to work for the company than for each other and they will have a lot more respect for the management, greatness that is Victoria's Secret and keeping it that way. There should be no reason that a company that amazing is anywhere near struggling financially.

"Seasonal Employee"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Victoria's Secret Stores part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The discount and first access to newly release items.

Cons

There were at least twenty new girls starting the week before black Friday. The permanent employees don't even attempt to introduce themselves or know your name. They call the entire group "New Girls". Every sales associate seems to think they're in management and since there is no introduction you have no idea if they are in fact a manager. So every girl/associate/manager? is pointing you in different directions at the same time and conflicting with what the first three people asked you to do.

Advice to Management

Seasonal employees may be expendable to you but keep in mind that seasonal employees also have a very low stake in the company as well.